Tuesday 16 November 2010

No English text in Symphonic Rain

Note to self: don't forget to add (and probably modify first) SR.reg (located in the game's directory) to your registry before wondering why you cannot see any English text. Indeed, sometimes the issue may lie not in the "alternative" OS (works fine in Wine, woohoo!), but somewhere in between the keyboard and the chair.

P.S. The songs are charming and the game mechanics looks really fun, mind you, I've never played Guitar Hero or other rhytm games. The only one thing that's bothering me is that after 5 attempts I managed to get only 4 stars for the intro song. My years of piano practice went for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. your post is a godsend my friend. i was tearing my hair out as to why the registry didnt exist until i found this. the file was in the game directory all along.

    have a nice day man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god for this post. Tried to make my own registry from scratch and things weren't working still. Used that one and all was well.

    ReplyDelete